Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Friday, July 8, 2011

QUOTES for MOM

A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.
Victor Hugo 

A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.
Honore de Balzac 

A woman must combine the role of mother, wife and politician.
Emma Bonino 

Always it gave me a pang that my children had no lawful claim to a name.
Harriet Ann Jacobs 

Children are the anchors of a mother's life.
Sophocles 

Completeness? Happiness? These words don't come close to describing my emotions. There truly is nothing I can say to capture what motherhood means to me, particularly given my medical history.
Anita Baker 

Every man must define his identity against his mother. If he does not, he just falls back into her and is swallowed up.
Camille Paglia 

Everyone checks out my mom. My mom's hot.
Ashley Scott 

Giving birth was easier than having a tattoo.
Nicole Appleton 

How simple a thing it seems to me that to know ourselves as we are, we must know our mothers names.
Alice Walker 

I am no mother, and I won't be one.
Brigitte Bardot 

I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.
E. M. Forster 

I am truly my mother's son.
David Geffen 

I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her.
Ellen DeGeneres 

I auditioned on my own. I tried to make a mark for myself without anybody's help, not even Mom's.
Kate Hudson 

I basically became a cheerleader because I had a very strict mom. That was my way of being a bad girl.
Sandra Bullock 

I got to grow up with a mother who taught me to believe in me.
Antonio Villaraigosa 

I guess I was a mom so late in life, my daughter was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Candice Bergen 

I may be the only mother in America who knows exactly what their child is up to all the time.
Barbara Bush 

I owe much to mother. She had an expert's understanding, but also approached art emotionally.
David Rockefeller 


I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
Abraham Lincoln 

I sing seriously to my mom on the phone. To put her to sleep, I have to sing "Maria" from West Side Story. When I hear her snoring, I hang up.
Adam Sandler 

I stand fearlessly for small dogs, the American Flag, motherhood and the Bible. That's why people love me.
Art Linkletter 

I think while all mothers deal with feelings of guilt, working mothers are plagued by guilt on steroids!
Arianna Huffington 

I wanted to escape so badly. But of course I knew I couldn't just give up and leave school. It was only when I heard my mom's voice that I came out of my hiding place.
Zhang Ziyi 

I was a brownie for a day. My mom made me stop. She didn't want me to conform.
Sandra Bullock 

I was always at peace because of the way my mom treated me.
Martina Hingis 

I was raised by a single mother who made a way for me. She used to scrub floors as a domestic worker, put a cleaning rag in her pocketbook and ride the subways in Brooklyn so I would have food on the table. But she taught me as I walked her to the subway that life is about not where you start, but where you're going. That's family values.
Al Sharpton 

I wish my mother had left me something about how she felt growing up. I wish my grandmother had done the same. I wanted my girls to know me.
Carol Burnett 

I'd lose my mind if I heard my kid call the nanny Mommy.
Toni Braxton 

I'm a Mommy's Girl - the strongest influence in my young life was my mom.
Susie Bright 

I'm sure that my mom would have been happy with any path I chose.
Joely Fisher 

I've been through it all, baby, I'm mother courage.
Elizabeth Taylor 

If my mom reads that I'm grammatically incorrect I'll have hell to pay.
Larisa Oleynik 

If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers.
Edward W. Howe 

If you ever become a mother, can I have one of the puppies?
Charles Pierce 

It is only in the act of nursing that a woman realizes her motherhood in visible and tangible fashion; it is a joy of every moment.
Honore De Balzac 

Just as a mother finds pleasure in taking her little child on her lap, there to feed and caress him, in like manner our loving God shows His fondness for His beloved souls who have given themselves entirely to Him and have placed all their hope in His goodness.
Alphonsus Liguori 

Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face.
George Eliot 

Men are what their mothers made them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates